As I mentioned in this post, I have been multitudinously (yes, I made that up) tagged by lots of lovely people (however I am a dork and said it was Quirky, but it was actually Fizz who tagged me for one of them).
I was going to try and do them all in one post, but um, I can't. So here is the first one:
The five things tag from Marianna
The rules are:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
And here’s the meme:
What I was doing 10 years ago:
Ten years ago I was planning my wedding to the most wonderful man I had ever met. The funny thing is I had *no* idea how happy I would be. None. I was kinda scared actually, but had really prayed about it and felt it was right (and also the pretty dress and flowers and fun party helped to distract me...heh-heh).
Five things on my To Do List today:
1) Work on a puppet theater out of a cereal box idea with Little O
2) Call family about birthday plans for Little O
3) Look up chocolate cheesecake recipe which, yes, my four year old requested for his birthday
4) Post this tag post
5) Buy party stuff
Snacks I enjoy:
1) Fruit (really, I do)
2) Chips & Salsa (I have a recipe for salsa that has a completely unexpected ingredient in it, but is *so* good - I'll share next week)
3) Chocolate (is that a snack really? Little O is always asking me that, "Mama is cake healfy for you or a tweat?")
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
This could be long.
Of course the usual answers, travel, help my family etc.
But the thing that would be the most fun is that every time I heard of a need I would do something about it. Sick children who need medical care, orphanages that need blankets and toys, single mamas that need help with Christmas money...you know the stuff you read about and pray about but usually can't do anything about yourself .
That's what I would spend all my time and money doing (anonymously too so I could stand around and watch their reactions without anyone knowing.)
Can you imagine sitting in a little church somewhere that is having trouble making ends meet and putting say 150,000 dollars in the offering basket?
Or buying a struggling family a new house and mailing them the keys and the deed. Or paying for every hopeful adoptive parent you meet to adopt a child from Ukraine or China or Africa?
I think if I was a billionaire I just wouldn't be one for long, because I would constantly be giving it away.
My accountant would hate me.
Three of my bad habits:
1) Interrupting people (go ahead try to say something...)
3) Is *not* exercising a habit?
Five places I have lived:
1) Texas of course
2) Oregon (loved it)
3) South Africa (one of the best times of my life)
4) Arkansas (don't remember it)
5) Mississippi (don't remember much except some kind of spelling/pee-pee joke that I thought was very funny:
1st Kid: Can you spell Mississippi?
2nd Unsuspecting kid: M-i-s-s-i-p-p...
1st Kid: you pee pee? wahhh-hhahaah-hahaa
...what? I was in second grade)
Five jobs I’ve had:
1) Preschool Teacher (fun)
2) Preschool Director (not fun)
3) Cake Decorator/Instructor (fun)
4) Wench at Medieval Times, yes that's right Wench (sooo not fun and an embarrassing costume)
5) Scrapbook Designer/Writer/Instructor (super duper fun)
6) Mama (really fun and the most rewarding thing I have ever done in my life)
And I really have to run now, busy, busy weekend, so could five of you volunteer to do this tag?? Please? I really want to tag all of you so I can hear your answers!
Leave me a comment if you're going to do it and then I will post your links on Monday!
Have a fantastic weekend everyone!
"So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering."